onsdag 1 maj 2013

A very special evening

Hope you all had a good "Valborg" yesterday! I didn't do anything special, just chilled, shopped and planned my remaining trip. I only have two weeks left now, feels nice that I'm going home soon, but at the same time very sad. I will miss Australia so much. This country is fantastic in so many ways.

This evening something very special happened to me, I have to tell you about it. I was sitting at a table in a park, reading. After a while, an old couple and two Japanese girls came to the table. The old woman asked me if they could sit there and I said "sure". Then they went away to grill some barbecue and when they came back, the woman asked me if I wanted to have dinner with them. I was so surprised, something like that would never happen in Sweden.

The couple were from Australia and the Japanese girls were currently living with them as they were studying English here. The couple told me that they usually take care of young travellers. They had been married for 50 years, but they both seemed very young at heart. We talked about differences between Sweden and Australia and I told them about everything I've done on this trip. They were really nice and even if they were two complete strangers to me, I felt like they could have been my grandparents or something. It felt so natural to sit there, eat dinner with them and talk about everything. We all agreed that it was a very special evening.

Tomorrow I'm leaving Cairns for Brisbane. I'm going there to see my friend Susie, looking forward to it.

I don't have any new pictures, so you'll get a funny song about Australia instead. (I haven't made the video).


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar