söndag 28 april 2013

Rainforest and Great Barrier Reef

Sorry that I haven't blogged in a while! I'm busy here in Cairns, there's so much to see and do.

Some days ago I went on a rainforest tour. We swam in waterfalls and a volcanic lake, walked in the rainforest, saw big spiders and colorful butterflies and looked for the Australian animal platypus. Platypus is not only the name of a Green Day song, it's also a strange and rare animal. I saw one, but sadly I didn't manage to take a picture. It was nice to swim in waterfalls even though the water was cold, not something you do everyday. Nice day overall, nice experiences and nice people. Nice is the word.

The three most common things people ask to me here in Australia:
1. Nice earrings, did you make them yourself? (No, I bought them, I'm not that creative)
2. Nice tattoo, it's something with a band, isn't it? (Yeah, and the band is called Green Fucking Day)
3. Are you from Germany? (No, 100 people have asked me before you did, but I'm actually from Sweden)

There are lots of Swedish people here in Cairns, much more than in any other place in Australia. I almost hear more Swedish than English. I met two Swedish girls in the beginning of this week and one of them came from my hometown! Not only my hometown, but my neighborhood too. I also randomly met one of the girls I shared a room with at Surf Camp 2 months ago. It's a small world.

Today I went on a snorkel trip to the Great Barrier Reef. To snorkel or dive was a must-do for me when I went here. I was going to do a diving course at first, but I'll do that some other time instead. You can't have time and money to do everything. Snorkelling there was so awesome, it was like swimming in a huge aquarium. So many fishes and corals in different colors. I was lucky enough to see a turtle and a little shark too! I got close to the shark, but it was a harmless one, so it wasn't scary. Most sharks are more afraid of us than we are of them. Anyway, you have to go and visit the Great Barrier Reef sometime in your life. It was exactly like people told me it would be, amazing.




















Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar