fredag 17 maj 2013

The time of my life

I'm finally home again. It feels great, almost unreal. Now I'm able to meet all the people I haven't seen in a long time, to sleep in my own bed and to eat something else than noodles. I don't know what the best thing was, to do this travel or to come home. Even if I think Sweden is a boring and cold country sometimes, it's my home. Summer is here soon and I've got this amazing trip to look back on, couldn't be better.

So, I spent the last 3 months in Australia. I did skydiving, bungy jumping, surfing and snorkelling. I did my first tattoo. Kangaroos, koalas, emus, dingos, platypuses, penguins, dolphins, sharks and turtles are just examples of all the wild animals I saw. I met old and new friends and people from all over the world. I spent my birthday on a beach and got free chocolate cake at a restaurant while everyone was singing for me. I went to lots of different places, everything from Sydney to villages with 7 inhabitants. I saw the Opera House, Ayers Rock, Blue Mountains and the 12 apostles. I saw cities, beaches, deserts, mountains, rainforests and the Great Barrier Reef. Everyone said something about my Heineken earrings and thought I was from Germany for some reason. I played guitar and sang in the nights at Surf Camp. I slept under the stars in the outback. I got a job interview. I ate kangaroo, camel and emu. I got invited to dinner by strangers. I hiked in the mountains in converse. I swam in waterfalls. I travelled endless miles by bus and plane. I had setbacks and I had moments when I was extremely happy.

This trip has been much more amazing than I could ever imagine. I've learned so much, especially about myself. I feel like I've improved more as a person than I've ever done before. I'm so glad that I did this, I really lived my dreams instead of just dreaming them. And I'm sure I will travel again and visit Australia again. This is not the end, it's only the beginning.

On this picture you can see the way I travelled all around the country. The black dots are some of the places I visited or passed by.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar