torsdag 18 april 2013

The lagoon and a piece of Sweden

My first day in Cairns has turned out good. The first thing that happened when I walked out on the street was that I found a Swedish shop. They sold Swedish candy and food and the staff spoke Swedish. I felt like I was at home for a while. I've missed Swedish stuff. It felt strange to speak Swedish though. Even if I can find words and expressions easier in Swedish it feels more natural to speak English now. It's weird. After I had bought some candy I found a sign which said "Bolands centre". It's funny, cause one of my old schools is called Boland.

In the afternoon I went on a walk along the coast line and then I went to the lagoon. It's a big pool area outdoors here in Cairns. I spent some time there swimming, sunbathing and chilling. It has been 32 degrees here today, not bad for an autumn day.

I think Cairns is my favorite city in Australia so far. It's not too big or too small, the surroundings are nice and I like it here. You know, you just like some cities more than others.







Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar