lördag 20 april 2013

Bungy jump

Today I've probably done the craziest thing I've ever done. A bungy jump! It was the first point on my must-do-list when I went to Australia, actually one of the reasons why I decided to go here. I did it very spontaneously, just like everything else I've done in this country. I think that's the best way, cause I didn't have much time to get nervous. 

Here in Cairns they have the only bungy jump in Australia and it's 50 meters high. It felt good to "only" jump 50 meters the first time. In New Zealand and other places you can jump 100 meters or even more, but that would have been too extreme I think. 

I got really nervous before I did it. I think the worst thing was to walk up the stairs to the platform, then you could see how high it was. 50 meters look higher when you're looking down than when you're standing down on the ground. At least it was a beautiful view over the rain forest. 

My strategy to manage to do it was to not think too much about it. The only things I thought were:
1. You know how much you wanna do it. 
2. You'll regret this if you don't do it.
3. You better do this now so you have it done.

Just like skydiving, the worst part of it was to jump. When you had managed to jump off the edge it was an amazing feeling. Scary, but amazing. I almost get an adrenaline rush just by thinking about it. It was scarier than skydiving, but not as scary as I expected it to be. Even if I was screaming so loud that whole Cairns could hear me it was so much fun. One of the guys that were working there called me extreme Emma, haha. He also said that I jumped so naturally that it seemed like I had done it before. 

I enjoyed it, I really did. I recommend everyone to do it once in a lifetime. Of course it's scary, but if you don't do things just because you're scared you'll get a pretty boring life. 

Here you have some pictures and a video! I have a video of the skydiving as well, but haven't been able to upload it. I'll show you guys when I come home. 




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar